Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs (THF) is a growing, large regional, Top 135 public accounting firm with an ever-expanding reach locally, regionally, statewide, nationally, and internationally. Our firm holds membership with the RSM US Alliance and CPAmerica International, enabling us to collaborate and share ideas, and to have access to the latest resources, ideas, training, technology, and best practices as it relates to public accounting. Our CPAs are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and/or the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA), in addition to several other key industry related trade associations.
We are currently seeking an individual looking to take that next step in advancing their career path by accepting the engaging and fulfilling role as a Tax Manager in our Tallahassee office. If you enjoy providing tax consulting services, meeting with clients in-person and/or virtually, leading a team of staff accountants, working on industry group engagements, and are looking to gain more expertise in an area of tax services specialization, then this is the perfect role for you!
More About the Tax Manager Role:
We are committed to our people, and that has been the driving force behind our continued success and growth. You’ll find at THF a firm that supports each employee’s own unique path for personal and career growth, and by taking on the role of Tax Manager, you will be on your way to the next steppingstone in your career path.
If these characteristics describe you, then YOU could be the perfect fit for us!
- You have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Having your CPA Certification is desirable; or you are CPA Exam eligible or have a plan to get the CPA license
- You have at least four years of recent tax services experience in public accounting
- You enjoy being the face of the firm and can provide exemplary consulting services to our clients, and can represent the firm in professional and service organizations
- You have prior experience in training and supervising a team, overseeing multiple engagements simultaneously, and have demonstrated technical mastery in tax services
If you are looking for the following characteristics in your next firm, then THF could be the perfect fit for you!
- You are looking to work directly with all levels of staff including senior managers, directors, and yes, even our shareholders!
- You are tired of just being a number lost in a sea of staff at a big firm environment, OR your current firm is too small and you don’t have the opportunity to grow and advance.
- You are looking to receive professional mentorship and career advice from industry group leaders who actually want to share their knowledge and see you grow.
- You are ready to mentor and assist staff members in their professional development.
- You are ready to work with a diverse group of clients on a range of projects and engagements, affording you the opportunity to grow in a variety tax related expertise.
- You are looking for a firm that promotes a healthy work/life balance, while allowing you to still thrive in a promising career.
This position is open to a working in-office or hybrid option. You’ll find that between our regular team meetings, firm retreats, participation in industry specific events, and our involvement in professional organizations, we are committed to staying connected as a team.
*We are looking to fill the Tax Manager role immediately. *
Continuing Education & Professional Development Benefits
- Education Tuition Reimbursement (college tuition, certifications)
- Leadership Development Training
- Business Development Training
- Industry Specific Training
- Paid membership dues for the FICPA and AICPA
- Paid CPA license renewal
- Firm sponsored time for community and professional activities
- A competitive annual salary and compensation package
- Flexible, full-time hours
- Full or partial remote work opportunity based on performance
- Self-Managed PTO
- Eight (8) paid holidays each year
- Parental Leave
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (firm covers a portion of the cost)
- Employee Dental insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Optional vision insurance
- Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- 401(k) retirement matching (up to 4%) and profit-sharing plan
- Commission Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Club and Gym Membership Fees Reimbursement
- Firm Cell Phone
- Team and social activities for employees
- A workplace culture that supports collaboration, teamwork, financial stability, and professional growth
More About the Firm & the Tallahassee Office:
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs is headquartered in Tallahassee, FL, with additional office locations in the following markets: Tampa and Panama City, FL, and Bainbridge, GA. Our Tallahassee office is located in Florida’s “Capital City” where you can expect a wonderful climate, ever expanding colleges and universities, canopied roads, hiking and biking trails, arts and entertainment, sports tourism, delicious food and coffee, southern hospitality, and more! Forbes ranked Tallahassee as 9th for the best places to live in Florida for 2022!
THF has grown to over 140 employees across all of our markets, providing our clients with a full range of superior services in traditional accounting, auditing and tax services, and comprehensive consulting and advisory services. We have maintained the high-quality control standards of a national firm and combined those attributes with the heart and personal touch points of a regional firm to ensure we “make an impact” in everything we do.
Learn more about THF by visiting: https://www.thf.cpa/.
If this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we encourage you to apply!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to LPersak@thf-cpa.com. Please also include contact information for at least three professional and/or community references.
If you have any questions about this employment opportunity, please reach out directly to LaQuisha Persak, Corporate Recruiter, by email at LPersak@thf-cpa.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and an E-verify employer. If you prefer to submit your resume by mail, please use the following address: PO Box 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.