Senior Tax Accountant – Panama City, FL (Full-Time)
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs (THF) is a growing, large regional, Top 150 public accounting firm with an ever-expanding reach locally, regionally, statewide, nationally, and internationally. Our firm holds membership with the RSM US Alliance and CPAmerica International, enabling us to collaborate and share ideas, and to have access to the latest resources, ideas, training, technology, and best practices as it relates to public accounting. Our CPAs are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA), in addition to several other key industry related trade associations.
We are currently seeking an individual looking to take that next step in advancing their career path by accepting the engaging and fulfilling role as a Senior Tax Accountant in our Panama City office. If you enjoy providing tax consulting services, meeting with clients in-person and/or virtually, leading a small team of staff accountants, working on industry group engagements, and are looking to gain more expertise in an area of tax services specialization, then this is the perfect role for you!
More About the Senior Tax Accountant Role:
We are committed to our people, and that has been the driving force behind our continued success and growth. You’ll find at THF a firm that supports each employee’s own unique path for personal and career growth, and by taking on the role of Senior Tax Accountant, you will be on your way to the next steppingstone in your career path.
If these characteristics describe you, then YOU could be the perfect fit for us!
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- You currently have your CPA Certification, or you are CPA eligible
- You have between 3-5 years of recent tax services experience in public accounting
- You enjoy being the face of the firm and can provide exemplary consulting services to our clients
- You have prior experience leading a team and want to further advance your career by growing in your supervisory and project management skills
If you are looking for the following characteristics in your next firm, then THF could be the perfect fit for you!
- You are looking to work directly with all levels of staff including managers, senior managers, directors, and yes, even our shareholders!
- You are tired of just being a number lost in a sea of staff at a big firm environment, OR your current firm is too small and you don’t have the opportunity to grow and advance.
- You are looking to receive professional mentorship and career advice from industry group leaders who actually want to share their knowledge and see you grow.
- You are ready to work with a diverse group of clients on a range of projects and engagements, affording you the opportunity to grow in a variety auditing related expertise.
- You are looking for a firm that promotes a healthy work/life balance, while allowing you to still thrive in a promising career.
This is an in-person at the office working role. You’ll find that between our regular team meetings, firm retreats, participation in industry specific events, and our involvement in professional organizations, we are committed to staying connected as a team.
*We are looking to fill the Senior Tax Accountant role immediately.*
Continuing Education & Professional Development Benefits
- CPA Exam Completion Bonuses (includes study material, study time, and monetary bonuses)
- Education Tuition Reimbursement (college tuition, certifications)
- Leadership Development Training
- Business Development Training
- Industry Specific Training
- Paid membership dues for the FICPA and AICPA
- Paid CPA license renewal for the State of Florida
- Firm sponsored time for community and professional activities
- A competitive annual salary and compensation package
- Flexible, full-time hours
- Full or partial remote work opportunity based on performance
- Self-Managed PTO
- Eight (8) paid holidays each year
- Parental Leave
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (firm covers a portion of the cost)
- Dental insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Optional vision insurance
- Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- 401(k) retirement matching (up to 4%) and profit-sharing plan
- Commission Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Team and social activities for employees
- A workplace culture that supports collaboration, teamwork, financial stability, and professional growth
More About the Firm & the Panama City Office:
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs is headquartered in Tallahassee, FL, with additional office locations in the following markets: Tampa and Panama City, FL, and Bainbridge, GA. Our Panama City office is located in Florida’s “panhandle,” where you can expect a wonderful climate, attractive housing opportunities, ever expanding colleges and universities, fishing and water sports, arts and entertainment, ecotourism, and more! Panama City Beach has 27 miles of white sand beaches with turquoise waters from the Gulf of Mexico. Panama City is where “life sets sail!”
THF has grown to over 140 employees across all of our markets, providing our clients with a full range of superior services in traditional accounting, auditing and tax services, and comprehensive consulting and advisory services. We have maintained the high-quality control standards of a national firm and combined those attributes with the heart and personal touch points of a regional firm to ensure we “make an impact” in everything we do.
Learn more about THF by visiting: https://www.thf.cpa/.
If this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we encourage you to apply!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to LPersak@thf-cpa.com. Please also include contact information for at least three professional and/or community references.
If you have any questions about this employment opportunity, please reach out directly to LaQuisha Persak, Corporate Recruiter, by email at LPersak@thf-cpa.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and an E-verify employer. If you prefer to submit your resume by mail, please use the following address: PO Box 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.
EOE, ADA, E-Verify Employer