Senior Tax Accountant (Full-Time)
Compensation: Competitive salary + full benefit package (see below for details)
Location: Bainbridge, GA (in-office)
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Preferably is a Certified Public Accountant, but must be CPA eligible at a minimum
- Must have demonstrated technical proficiency and the ability to supervise staff
- 3+ years of recent experience in public accounting
- Understands the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA and applicable state boards of accountancy
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs (THF) is a growing, regional, Top 150 accounting firm seeking professionals with experience in public accounting. We have offices in Tallahassee, Tampa, and Panama City, FL, and in Bainbridge, GA. We are seeking a Senior Tax Accountant with experience in public accounting to join our team in Bainbridge. You would be responsible for a wide array of tax-related services. You would work with an exceptional team of professionals, receive ongoing training, and work in a technologically advanced office serving a diverse group of clients. We will provide a competitive annual salary based on your relevant experience, and the position comes with a full benefits package (see below for details). We are specifically looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Has the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels within the firm
- Is able to devote continual attention to detail, and can meet established priorities and deadlines
- Is able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Understands long work hours may be required periodically
If these qualities describe you, please read on!
A little bit about THF: When applying for a new job, we feel that it is important for you to know about the workplace culture. You can read about Who We Are on our website. At THF, our mission is to “Make an impact on everything we do, providing the highest level of personal and professional service using seasoned judgement, creativity, and responsiveness.” Our teams at THF are very forward-thinking for a firm our size, and we are constantly trying to be innovative and flexible. Even though we have grown to over 140 team members, we try to keep that small, family-oriented feel in the workplace. We believe in improving our local communities, and many of our professionals play active roles in different community projects and non-profit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants
- Understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA and applicable state boards of accountancy
- Begin acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty
- Begin developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations
- Prepare individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns of varying complexities
- Become proficient in tax research, including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm
- Assume responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (required)
- Preferably is a Certified Public Accountant, but must be CPA eligible
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting
- Has demonstrated past technical proficiency and the ability to supervise staff
- Must have an understanding of Microsoft applications and other software programs used to prepare and review tax returns
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Understands that work assignments are carried out under supervision, particularly during tax season
We are dedicated to building out a stellar team. If you feel that you either do not meet or you far exceed the requirements listed above, we encourage you to still apply. For the ideal candidate, we can figure out a way to fit you in our team!
At THF, we understand that highly satisfied employees are key to a thriving business. This is why we offer:
- A competitive annual salary, dependent on your relevant work experience
- A workplace culture that supports collaboration, teamwork, financial stability, and professional growth
- Flexible, full-time hours
- Continuing education
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (firm covers a portion of the cost)
- Dental insurance that is 100% employer-paid
- Optional vision insurance
- Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- 401(k) retirement matching (up to 4%) and profit sharing plan
- 15 days per year of PTO (paid time off) or Self-Managed PTO, depending on the position
- Eight (8) paid holidays each year
- Workplace perks like daily selection of coffee and soda
- Bonus paid upon successful completion of the CPA exam
If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to see you apply!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@thf-cpa.com. Include contact information (email addresses or phone numbers) for three professional references. Note that all communication will be done via email. Be sure to check your inbox and spam folder regularly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and an E-verify employer. If you prefer to submit your resume by mail, please use the following address: PO Box 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.