Full-Time Tax Staff / Senior / Manager – Tallahassee
Compensation: Competitive salary + full benefit package (below)
Location: Tallahassee, FL (in-office, not fully remote)
Requirements Summary: CPA or CPA eligible and have over 1-5 years of tax experience in public accounting
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs (THF) is hiring Tax Staff, Senior, and Manager positions in Tallahassee! THF is a growing, mid-sized accounting firm headquartered in Tallahassee, FL. We have additional locations in Tampa, FL and Bainbridge, GA. We are seeking experienced and career-oriented Tax Service personnel to join our Tallahassee team.
You would be responsible for a wide array of duties. You would work with an exceptional team, receive ongoing training, and work in a technologically advanced office with a diverse group of clients. We will provide a competitive annual salary based on your relevant experience. In addition, the position comes with a full benefits package (see below for details).
We are specifically looking for someone who:
• Is extremely detail-oriented
• Has effective communication skills
• Is confident with making independent decisions
• Can understand the different business needs for each client
• Is strong at building collaborative relationships where they cultivate trust and respect
• Enjoys working in a team environment
• Believes in continuous learning
• Has high integrity and discretion about client information
• Is looking for more than just “another job” and wants to advance their career with a growing CPA firm
• Currently lives in or around Tallahassee, FL or is willing to relocate
If these qualities describe you, please read on!
A little bit about THF: When applying for a new job, we feel that it is important for you to know about the workplace culture. You can read about who we are on our website. Our mission is to “Make an impact on everything we do, providing the highest level of personal and professional service using seasoned judgement, creativity, and responsiveness.” Our teams are very forward-thinking for a firm our size. We are constantly trying to be innovative and flexible. Even though we have grown to over 140 team members, we keep that small, family-oriented feel in the workplace. We believe in improving our local communities. In fact, many of our professionals play active roles in different community projects and non-profit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand the rules, regulations and code of professional conduct of the AICPA, FICPA and the Florida Board of Accountancy
• Knowledge of pertinent IRC sections and regulations
• Prepare individual, corporate and partnership tax returns of varying complexities
• Become proficient at tax research including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm
• Poses the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships
• Assume responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (required)
• CPA Certification is desirable, must be CPA eligible
• 1+ years’ recent experience in public accounting (1) Staff
• 3+ years’ recent experience in public accounting (2) Senior
• 5+ years’ recent experience in public accounting (3) Manager
• Experience working with corporate, individual, partnership, or fiduciary desired
• Technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants is a plus
• Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Position level may change based on experience
We understand that highly satisfied employees are key to a thriving business. This is why we offer:
• A competitive annual salary, dependent on your relevant work experience
• A workplace culture that supports collaboration, teamwork, financial stability, and professional growth
• A tight team environment where you get to know all of your colleagues (i.e., you’re not just a number)
• Flexible, full-time work hours
• Continuing education
• Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (firm covers a portion of the cost)
• Dental insurance that is 100% employer-paid
• Optional vision insurance
• Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
• 401(k) retirement matching (up to 4%) and profit-sharing plan
• 15 days per year of PTO (paid time off) or Self-Managed PTO, depending on the position
• Eight (8) paid holidays each year
• Workplace perks like daily selection of coffee and soda
• Bonus paid upon successful completion of the CPA exam
If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to see you apply!
When applying, please upload your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include contact information (email addresses or phone numbers) for three professional references. Note that all communication will be done via email. Be sure to check your inbox and spam folder regularly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and an E-verify employer. If you prefer to submit your resume by mail, please use the following address: PO Box 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.