Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs (THF) is hiring for a Client Accounting Services (CAS) Bookkeeper for our Tallahassee, Florida office!
THF is a growing, large regional, top 150 public accounting firm with an ever-expanding reach locally, regionally, statewide, nationally, and internationally. Our firm holds membership with the RSM US Alliance and CPAmerica International, enabling us to collaborate and share ideas, and to have access to the latest resources, ideas, training, technology, and best practices as it relates to public accounting. Our CPAs are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA), in addition to several other key industry-related trade associations.
We are currently seeking an individual looking to take that next step in advancing their career path by accepting the engaging and fulfilling role as a Client Accounting Services (CAS) Bookkeeper in our Tallahassee office. If you enjoy providing bookkeeping consulting services, meeting with clients in-person and/or virtually, and are looking to gain more expertise in a client accounting services specialization, then this is the perfect role for you!
More About the Client Accounting Services (CAS) Bookkeeper Role:
We are committed to our people, and that has been the driving force behind our continued success and growth. You’ll find at THF a firm that supports each employee’s own unique path for personal and career growth, and by taking on the role of CAS Bookkeeper, you will be on your way to enhancing your skills in client accounting services expertise.
If these characteristics describe you, then YOU could be the perfect fit for us!
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent
- Have at least 5 years of client accounting services or related experiences, or a bachelor’s degree
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex data clearly
- Excellent data entry skills
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Willing to assume responsibility for assigned work without undue supervision
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Experience with Bill.com, QuickBooks online and Sage preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Communicates with clients and team members to ensure task are completed accurately and timely.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This is an in-person/at the office working role. You’ll find that between our regular team meetings, firm retreats, participation in industry-specific events, and our involvement in professional organizations, we are committed to staying connected as a team.
*We are looking to fill the Client Accounting Services (CAS) Bookkeeper role immediately.*
Continuing Education & Professional Development Benefits
- Exam/Certification Completion (includes study material and study time)
- Education Tuition Reimbursement (college tuition, certifications)
- Leadership Development Training
- Business Development Training
- Industry Specific Training
- Paid membership dues for the FICPA and AICPA
- Paid CPA license renewal for the State of Florida
- Firm sponsored time for community and professional activities
- A competitive annual salary and compensation package
- Flexible, full-time hours
- Full or partial remote work opportunity based on performance
- Eight (8) paid holidays each year
- Parental Leave
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (firm covers a portion of the cost)
- Dental insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Optional vision insurance
- Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- 401(k) retirement matching (up to 4%) and profit-sharing plan
- Commission Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Team and social activities for employees
- A workplace culture that supports collaboration, teamwork, financial stability, and professional growth
More About the Firm & the Tallahassee Office:
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs is headquartered in Tallahassee, FL, with additional office locations in the following markets: Tampa and Panama City, FL, and Bainbridge, GA. Our Tallahassee office is located in Florida’s “Capital City” where you can expect a wonderful climate, ever expanding colleges and universities, canopied roads, hiking and biking trails, arts and entertainment, sports tourism, delicious food and coffee, southern hospitality, and more! Forbes ranked Tallahassee as 9th for the best places to live in Florida for 2022!
THF has grown to over 140 employees across all of our markets, providing our clients with a full range of superior services in traditional accounting, auditing and tax services, and comprehensive consulting and advisory services. We have maintained the high-quality control standards of a national firm and combined those attributes with the heart and personal touch points of a regional firm to ensure we “make an impact” in everything we do.
Learn more about THF by visiting: https://www.thf.cpa/.
If this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we encourage you to apply!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to LPersak@thf-cpa.com. Please also include contact information for at least three professional and/or community references.
If you have any questions about this employment opportunity, please reach out directly to LaQuisha Persak, Corporate Recruiter, by email at LPersak@thf-cpa.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and an E-verify employer. If you prefer to submit your resume by mail, please use the following address: PO Box 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.