Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs (THF) is a growing, large regional, Top 135 public accounting firm with an ever-expanding reach locally, regionally, statewide, nationally, and internationally. Our firm holds membership with the RSM US Alliance and CPAmerica International, enabling us to collaborate and share ideas, and to have access to the latest resources, ideas, training, technology, and best practices as it relates to public accounting. Our CPAs are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and/or the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA), in addition to several other key industry related trade associations.
We are currently seeking an individual looking to take that next step in advancing their career path by accepting the engaging and fulfilling role as an Audit Staff in our Tampa office. In this role, you will grow your technical skills in array of auditing duties including the evaluation of internal controls, preparing financial statements, and becoming knowledgeable in the firm’s method of providing superior client service. You will work with an exceptional team of professionals, receive ongoing training and professional mentorship, work in a technologically advanced office, and begin working on industry group-specific engagements.
Here at THF, we are committed to our people, and that has been the driving force behind our continued success and growth. You’ll find that we are a firm that supports each employee’s own unique path for personal and career growth, and we will be here to help you along the way. Our workplace culture is unmatched and we support a healthy life/work integration for our team members.
If these characteristics describe you, then YOU could be the perfect fit for us!
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- You are CPA Exam eligible, or have a plan to get the CPA license is desirable
- You understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA and the Florida Board of Accountancy as they relate to staff in public accounting
- You have completed an accounting internship or have had prior work experience in public accounting
- You have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- You enjoy learning, growing, and taking on new tasks
If you are looking for the following characteristics in your next firm, then THF could be the perfect fit for you!
- You are looking to work directly with all levels of staff including managers, senior managers, directors, and yes, even our shareholders!
- You wanting to be more than just a number in a “huge firm” environment.
- You desire to work for a firm where you have the opportunity to grow and advance.
- You are looking to receive professional mentorship and career advice from industry group leaders who actually want to share their knowledge and see you grow.
- You are ready to work with a diverse group of clients on a range of projects and engagements, affording you the opportunity to grow in a variety auditing related expertise.
- You are looking for a firm that promotes a healthy life/work integration, while allowing you to still thrive in a promising career.
- You are looking for a firm that will be supportive of your journey to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
This is an in-person, work at the office role. You’ll find that between our regular team meetings, firm retreats, participation in industry specific events, and our involvement in professional organizations, we are committed to staying connected as a team.
*We are looking to fill the Audit Staff role immediately*
Continuing Education & Professional Development Benefits
- CPA Exam Completion Bonuses (includes study material, study time, and monetary bonuses)
- Education Tuition Reimbursement (college tuition, certifications)
- Leadership Development Training
- Business Development Training
- Industry Specific Training
- Paid membership dues for the FICPA and AICPA
- Paid CPA license renewal for the State of Florida
- Firm sponsored time for community and professional activities
- A competitive annual salary and compensation package
- Flexible, full-time hours
- Full or partial remote work opportunity based on performance
- Self-Managed PTO
- Eight (8) paid holidays each year
- Parental Leave
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (firm covers a portion of the cost)
- Dental insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Optional vision insurance
- Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- 401(k) retirement matching (up to 4%) and profit-sharing plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Team and social activities for employees
- A workplace culture that supports collaboration, teamwork, financial stability, and professional growth